It is currently Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:46 pm

ekstra   ara
 Post subject: Software validation model
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:48 pm 

We use EDSA and found differing incident energy results on the same model depending if we used the latest version 3.0 with release pack 1 as opposed to the regular version 3.0.
Is there an independant electrical model with final results available that we could compare these results against to assess where the differences lie.
A good validation model should be useful to highlight major result differences between the software versions from one vendor and even across vendors.

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:41 am 
Sparks Level

I think a good place to start is contact EDSA and ask what the difference is between versions and send them a copy of the study so they can check it out. I found when testing demos (SKM, Etap and EasyPower) using the same study parameters each program results were slightly different. Comparing them to the IEEE 1584 hand calculation all were close but not exactly the same. If its a drastic difference between the two EDSA revisions I would double check to make sure the same program study options, i.e. 85% vs. 100% IE, 2 second cutoff, etc. are selected and the input data is matching.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:32 am 

Power Systems are very complex and many additional assumptions and methodologies have been added to software packages in order to estimate the results for them. However, when it comes to simple radial systems, the result difference should be rather small. Typically upon converting from one version to another the results should not be different unless a correction has been made on the software version. New features which cause differences in the results are usually configured as new options in the software which have to be consciously enabled to take effect. In the future, some good references to benchmark Arc Flash calculations will be available such as new IEEE Standards like the 3002 series (new brown book series). For now checking with the software vendor is probably the easiest thing to do to obtain a direct answer on why the results are different.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:33 am 

RGuppy wrote:
We use EDSA and found differing incident energy results on the same model depending if we used the latest version 3.0 with release pack 1 as opposed to the regular version 3.0.
Is there an independant electrical model with final results available that we could compare these results against to assess where the differences lie.
A good validation model should be useful to highlight major result differences between the software versions from one vendor and even across vendors.

Power Systems are very complex and many additional assumptions and methodologies have been added to software packages in order to estimate the results for them. However, when it comes to simple radial systems, the result difference should be rather small. Typically upon converting from one version to another the results should not be different unless a correction has been made on the software version. New features which cause differences in the results are usually configured as new options in the software which have to be consciously enabled to take effect. In the future, some good references to benchmark Arc Flash calculations will be available such as new IEEE Standards like the 3002 series (new brown book series). For now checking with the software vendor is probably the easiest thing to do to obtain a direct answer on why the results are different.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:22 am 

new version ETAP software

hello...

Have somebody know where can i get new version of ETAP software for student? It's difficult to find this software...I hope somebody can help me.. :confused:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:23 pm 
Sparks Level

It's very easy to find. Etap will be happy to sell you their software. Etap, SKM and EasyPower require a license USB key to work. If you are looking for a "free" copy to crack, it's against copyright laws to pirate software... which I think you already know. Nice try. BTW... you are being reported to the site moderator.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:02 am 

student89 wrote:
hello...

Have somebody know where can i get new version of ETAP software for student? It's difficult to find this software...I hope somebody can help me.. :confused:

You must obtain software is from the company itself. Otherwise it is a U.S. copyright violation.