It is currently Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:22 pm

ekstra   ara
 Post subject: purging/deleting unused library
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:01 pm 

We have a very huge SKM library for a project. I want to purge/delete the unused devices that are not utilized in the project. This will help reduce the space for my computer. Is there any way around to do this?

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:15 pm 
Sparks Level

Go to Project->Backup Library, save it as a file in your project folder. This will create a library with only the devices you use in the project.

Then set the project's library to the new smaller file under Project->Options->Library->PTW Library. Make sure you press OK in the dialog here, don't close it with the X. If later on you want to use devices from your big project library or the SKM default one, just open both of them and copy selected devices over with Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:55 am 
Sparks Level

1001% agreement. Within SKM, sometimes to click the "X" at upper right in a dialog box means "accept changes". But elsewhere within SKM "X" means only close. In those cases the user must click the "OK" to accept changes.

School of hard knocks learning. And several choice words unspoken, while at that school.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:00 am 

Fantastic!!! It worked. Reduced the size of library file. Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:30 am 

I hope when you say "purge and delete", you don't mean permenantly? I would put it on a flash drive or something, because invariably there will come a time you'll need something new that won't be in your backup copy. Without it, you can't do what jvrielink suggested later on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:19 am 
Sparks Level

> Within SKM, sometimes to click the "X" at upper right in a dialog box means "accept changes".
> But elsewhere within SKM "X" means only close. In those cases the user must click the "OK" to accept changes.
>School of hard knocks learning. And several choice words unspoken, while at that school.

Annoying as heck in that dialog screen wasn't it.
According to the latest Ver 7 update list, that has been changed (ok--- fixed, IMO it really was a bug) at least of the Options window.

Now, if only they woul;d fix some of the other issues....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:20 am 
Sparks Level

JKlessig wrote:
Annoying as heck in that dialog screen wasn't it.
According to the latest Ver 7 update list, that has been changed (ok--- fixed, IMO it really was a bug) at least of the Options window.

Now, if only they woul;d fix some of the other issues....

I'm running the latest version and changing the lib and closing with the x doesn't save it, so no fix there it seems.

The new tolerance settings in 7.0 were having some issues as well. I reported a few bugs to SKM a while back and they seem to have been fixed in 7.0.2.4, except one. Guess I'll report it again.