It is currently Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:52 pm

ekstra   ara
 Post subject: Has anyone used The Arc Flash Analytic v5.0 software?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:30 pm 

We are evaluating different software to use for our arc flash studies, and have found this package. It is from ArcAD and claims to be an "easy to use and comprehensive instrument for calculating arc indident energy and arc flash boundary, etc...." We wondered if anyone had used this package, and if so, if this is the most current version of the product. If you have used it, did it meet your needs to allow you to perform the studies? We have licensed electricians that we feel could use a program like this and do the job.

We would really appreciate any advice you could give us. Thank you!

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:10 am 

First, I have not used ARCAD software.
From the website, I could make out that there are two packages to be bought if a complete study has to be performed (Short Circuit + Arc Flash + Relay coordination*). One for Short circuit (Short Circuit analytics v1) and the other for Arc Flash analysis (AFA v5.0).
One thing that bothers me is that there is no mention of the standard followed for short circuit calculations.
In the same page there is a technical article describing MVA method of Short circuit calculation. The much I know, it is not any standard for short circuit calculations. Somehow I doubt that this program utilizes the MVA method.
Please talk to the ARCAD guys about the short circuit calculation reference standards before proceeding further.

* The relay coordination part - I am not sure if it can be performed with ease as in ETAP.

Post subject: http://www.arcadvisor.com/arcflash/arc-flash-software-v5.htm
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:10 am 
Sparks Level

The Arc Flash Analytic software has now gone mobile. Just go to your Apple or Google Play store, search Arc Flash Analytic and download the app free. Follow the links below for more product information:

Arc Flash Analytic Mobile product page
Short Circuit Analytic Mobile product page

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:29 pm 
Sparks Level

The data collection, arc flash analysis and labeling can also be managed with the assistance of Arc Flash Analytic mobile app (AFA Mobile). The app provides for collecting information, taking photos of switchgear, MCC's etc. during field walk-downs. It comes accompanied with extensive protection device library. You can also add fuse and circuit breaker data including time-current characteristics for the devices that are not already listed in the built-in protection device library, add custom protection devices, manually specify arc duration and do much more.

Follow the link below for more information about AFA Mobile:
Arc Flash Analytic Mobile product page