It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:12 am

ekstra   ara
 Post subject: Coordination & Short Circuit Study
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:57 am 

Hi,

Sorry if this is not the right forum to bring up this question or if it has been dealt with before.

If a spec calls for just coordination study - do I also need to perform short circuit study and include the results of this analysis in the report.

Now I know that short circuit calculations need to be performed as part of the coordination study to determine to what extent protective devices selectively coordinate. But I am just not sure if the results (probably a table indicating if switchboards'/panels' SC rating pass/fail in comparison to the calculated fault levels at these locations) shall be included along with the findings of the coordination study

Thanks for the help

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:51 am 
Arc Level

There is no standard as to what to include in a coordination study report. Normally, you would include the results of the short circuit study. What results and to what detail is a matter of judgement and agreement with whoever you are doing the report for.

Profile Send private message