It is currently Thu May 28, 2020 4:40 am

ekstra   ara
 Post subject: Universal web app for arc flash hazard analysis and labeling
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:42 pm 
Sparks Level

I'm enternaining an idea of publishing web app with following specs:

Goal:

+ Create a universal web app that can be accessed, operated and shared from anywhere, anytime, on any platform connected to the Internet
+ Use it individualy or share with your trusted team while working on same or multiple projects at a time
+ Forget about software installation, system compatibility, data loss or virus threat issues
+ Access to most recent services, updates and the most competitive price in the industry
+ Total transparency including but not limited to no subscription, no hidden fees nor contracts policy

App capabilities:

+ Perform arc flash calculations using new IEEE 1584 year 2018 guide procedure
+ Save and edit equipment input configurations
+ Perform analysis using metric, imperial units
+ Calculate initial arc blast explosion pressure and arc flash explosive equivalent
+ Add fuse and circuit breaker data including time-current characteristics for the devices that are not already listed in the built-in protection device library
+ Chart fuse tcc and breaker trip characteristics
+ Customize, save, print arc flash warning label
+ Perform arc flash boundary calculations based on 1.2 cal/cm2 (5 Joules/cm2) onset energy to second degree burn for bare skin exposure per IEEE 1584 Guide and other incident energy levels as well, such as the rating of proposed personal protective equipment, or evaluated onset to second degree burn energy

Billing strategy:

+ Sign-up free of charge and explore all functions listed above with the exception of system voltage input limited to 208 Volt in free demo or expired version of the app
+ Purchase year long access to the app with the possibility of purchasing more than one year access in advance
+ Check billing status, get notified when your account is close to expiration
+ Check billing history
+ If payment has not been made in a timely manner, the account status would automatically switch to expired and client would have to make payment to be granted access to the full version of the app (the 208V limit lifted)

I would appreciate if you could guide me on the expected and fair pricing for the service when comparing to available software solutions and services:

# Price, USD

1. $200/year
2. $300/year
3. $400/year
4. other - please describe

Kind regards

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject: Re: Universal web app for arc flash hazard analysis and labe
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:22 am 

I would have to see a lot more to determine if this app is of value. How do you generate reports? How do you print labels? Is this to run on a cell phone?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:35 am 
Sparks Level

I would have to see a lot more to determine if this app is of value. How do you generate reports? How do you print labels? Is this to run on a cell phone?

1. you copy all calculation results, equipment configuration, units of measurement in JSON or text format and simply paste it in Excel
2. you can save labels in graphic format on your PC or mobile
3. that app looks native on most mobile platforms

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:34 am 
Sparks Level

It sounds a very interesting proposition Michael. Can you tell me if the labels will also be available in European symbology and colours please.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:45 am 
Arc Level

Sounds interesting, but your competition will be circuit analysis programs like SKM, Easy Power, Cyme, etc. These programs allow you to develop a one-line diagram for extensive distribution systems to calculate fault currents and do protective coordination. Would your app be able to model the system for calculating faults and do protective coordination? The arc flash component is a small part of the software cost.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:51 am 

I agree it would need to do everything related to arc flash calcs and labels. Otherwise I would still need the software I already have. I would not want to do double data entry, so would only use if it did everything, for example to include every module that SKM has, and it would need to be ongoingly developed
But for a cost model I would like to see is where cost is based on use. Right now it is based on # of buses and modules and it doesn’t matter whether I use it 4 or 40 hrs a week.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:14 pm 
Sparks Level

Mike Frain wrote:
It sounds a very interesting proposition Michael. Can you tell me if the labels will also be available in European symbology and colours please.

Hi Mike. The labels will be ANSI Z535 North American style only (English and French, hey we are Canadian enterprise) on the begging. But I'll definitely consider meeting customer expectations by adding more label layouts and languages. Thanks a lot for your favorable feedback.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:20 pm 
Sparks Level

jghrist wrote:
Sounds interesting, but your competition will be circuit analysis programs like SKM, Easy Power, Cyme, etc. These programs allow you to develop a one-line diagram for extensive distribution systems to calculate fault currents and do protective coordination. Would your app be able to model the system for calculating faults and do protective coordination? The arc flash component is a small part of the software cost.

That's a good question. I have a program and mobile app for short circuit fault current calculations that may be considered to do the analysis for those who've never done short circuit analysis and calculated both available fault current and the part of fault current through protection device that are indeed required for arc flash analysis (just google Short Circuit Analytic for more information). But I have short circuit app in mind and will most probably jump on implementing one as soon as the arc flash web app has been deployed. Just keep fingers crossed please as that may happen sooner than later.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:28 am 
Sparks Level

A very good morning to all respected members of this forum! I'm happy to announce that the universal arc flash analysis web app has finally been deployed. Please follow the <deleted> link to sign up and access the resource.

I surely hope you'll like it.

Last edited by wbd on Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
deleted link to commercial website

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:59 am 
Sparks Level

Regarding using the arc flash forum as a platform to advertise, promote or launch a business or product.

I don’t think this is the proper venue to launch a product. Posting questions so members can assist your business efforts isn’t what this is for. Perhaps other members are okay with this; I’m not.

Your first post clearly tells members that this application is well underway or even completed. You even have possible costs posted. I can appreciate what you are trying to do, but this has been tried in the past and the person who did this was attempting a similar or same thing. You even have a web site for your program.

I believe in promoting business, but that promotion needs to be done in the proper way, meaning not in the guise where you ask members questions.

I may be wrong, but think the forum is meant for users to ask questions about arc flash and other safety matters. For other members to post replies to those questions and offer advice. I is not meant to promote a specific business.