It is currently Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:07 am

ekstra   ara
 Post subject: Depth of penetration
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 9:25 am 

Trying to wrap my head around a possible issue.

How long can the screws for mounting/changing equipment in an MCC bucket be? I figured that the spacing requirements would be a NEMA standard or published by the manufacturers but this seems to be some obscure information I can't find anywhere.

Thinking of the "blind reaching" problem. There clearly has to be some kind of standard established for this but I can't find it anywhere and it may be simply that I haven't come up with the right terminology to find the answer. NEMA ICS clearly implies that there needs to be a 1" bus clearance including fasteners but I can't find anything on the fasteners themselves.

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject: Re: Depth of penetration
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:43 pm 

I'm not sure what the concern is exactly.

Do you mean modifications to the installed equipment? I would suspect that as long as the proper clearances are maintained that the length of the fastener isn't important. I would assume that shorter is better when possible.

Can you give an example where the length of the fastener would be a concern if the clearances are maintained?

Profile Send private message