It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:02 pm

ekstra   ara
 Post subject: Documentary
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:17 am 

I am an independant filmmaker based in Ft Worth, TX. I am currently doing some videos for a local test equipment rental house and am really intrigued by this arc flash phenomenon. Do you think a feature length documentary detailing incidents and current legislation would be a viable idea? I have already contacted a producer friend and my editor about running some numbers, and I think this could really have a positive impact on public awareness and raise the safety argument to a new level. I wanted to get your opinions on what content to cover and possibly some contacts of people to interview.

Thanks

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:27 pm 
Plasma Level

Group 3 wrote:
I am an independant filmmaker based in Ft Worth, TX. I am currently doing some videos for a local test equipment rental house and am really intrigued by this arc flash phenomenon. Do you think a feature length documentary detailing incidents and current legislation would be a viable idea? I have already contacted a producer friend and my editor about running some numbers, and I think this could really have a positive impact on public awareness and raise the safety argument to a new level. I wanted to get your opinions on what content to cover and possibly some contacts of people to interview.

Thanks

There are a ton of them available, some are even free and of a good quality. You are about 10 years too late IMO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:03 pm 

I tried to find one and couldnt. I am talking about a docu movie, not an instructional or information video. Could you refer me to a few of the movies you are talking about. Thank you for your reply.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:15 pm 

Videos

Go on to the NIOSH web site, they offer a fairly recent one. A documentary of a few survivors of an Arc Flash.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:51 pm 
Arc Level

If you have any technical questions I live in Granbury, 35 miles southwest of Fort Worth. You can use the message board to contact me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:00 am 

Thanks. I checked out the NIOSH video. I am still going to push forward as I think this could be a serious public awareness issue. So many of these companies say an arc flash study is "not in the budget" when employee safety should be at the top of the list. I am not interested in making a video that is only seen by industry professionals like you guys. I think a good 2 hour doc could make for compelling viewing on the festival circuit. Thanks for all your input. I will keep you posted on what we do next.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:29 am 
Plasma Level

Group 3 wrote:
I tried to find one and couldnt. I am talking about a docu movie, not an instructional or information video. Could you refer me to a few of the movies you are talking about. Thank you for your reply.

I have a ton of them, the Mark Standifer Story is a good one.