It is currently Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:45 pm

ekstra   ara
 Post subject: SKM PTW Custom Labels
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:55 pm 

Hi, I am putting together a custom arc-flash label based on the client's tecnical spec.
Can anyone advise me how to include the required minimum PPE arc rating (maximum incident energy for a PPE category). I was not able to find such field amongst the predefined ones. Is there a way to expand those fields with my own? I have checked both PTW Tutorial and Arc Flash Reference, but no any luck. This field actually exists in the PPE Table, but had no chance to access it from the custom label designer.

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:52 am 
Arc Level

Andras Csaszar wrote:
Hi, I am putting together a custom arc-flash label based on the client's tecnical spec.
Can anyone advise me how to include the required minimum PPE arc rating (maximum incident energy for a PPE category). I was not able to find such field amongst the predefined ones. Is there a way to expand those fields with my own? I have checked both PTW Tutorial and Arc Flash Reference, but no any luck. This field actually exists in the PPE Table, but had no chance to access it from the custom label designer.

We do not use SKM to generate our labels. We went with a company that makes industrial labeling products (e.g. WH Brady), and simply get an Excel spreadsheet from our SKM software,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:02 am 
Sparks Level

check please http://www.arcadvisor.com/faq/label_printing_services.html for the information on how and where to get customized arc flash labels by submitting report file in MS Excel format.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:48 pm 

Thanks guys, the Excel spreadsheet looks like a doable solution, but as I am in Australia, I will not order labels from the US. But still appreciate your comment, arcad. Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:31 am 

You can select PPE Others 1-5 then designate the note on the PPE Table. If you open your label designer and press the F1 key the help program will help guide you through this process.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:03 am 

Andras Csaszar wrote:

If you don't need to have the PPE category and the minimum PPE arc rating and you are using SKM, I think you could change the hazard risk category in the PPE table to actually be the minimum arc rating and then use the "PPE Category # Only" field.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:49 am 

I couldn't find the feature you are looking for either. You may have to create a label for each HRC rating then print each category separate. I always use the sort function prior to print preview so my labels print in descending incident energy levels. You could use the sort then select the group of HRC you are printing.

Also, from a production standpoint we have started printing our labels into PDFs and then having a local sign shop create the labels. They use the same vinyl they make decals with and put a UV protective layer over the top. The cost runs between $1.25/label to $2/label depending on the quantity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:56 pm 

FFoote wrote:
You can select PPE Others 1-5 then designate the note on the PPE Table. If you open your label designer and press the F1 key the help program will help guide you through this process.

Thanks FFoote, it works. Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:01 pm 

bvadams wrote:
If you don't need to have the PPE category and the minimum PPE arc rating and you are using SKM, I think you could change the hazard risk category in the PPE table to actually be the minimum arc rating and then use the "PPE Category # Only" field.

Unfortunately I am using both PPE category and the minimum incident energy belongs to that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:53 pm 

Eric Campbell wrote:
I couldn't find the feature you are looking for either. You may have to create a label for each HRC rating then print each category separate. I always use the sort function prior to print preview so my labels print in descending incident energy levels. You could use the sort then select the group of HRC you are printing.

Also, from a production standpoint we have started printing our labels into PDFs and then having a local sign shop create the labels. They use the same vinyl they make decals with and put a UV protective layer over the top. The cost runs between $1.25/label to $2/label depending on the quantity.

if you want a better solution than this, see labeltac.com with a LabelTac labeler, you can make your labels in house for about $0.89 each. This label has a 6 year outdoor rating.