It is currently Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:25 pm

ekstra   ara
 Post subject: Fuji and Mitsubishi Library Components
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:35 am 

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone already has a collection of Mitsubishi and Fuji circuit breaker library components. I am performing arc flash for a semiconductor client and all of the tools use Japanese breakers. The standard SKM library has practically none of the breakers I need, and I am running short on time.

Thank you.

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:51 am 
Plasma Level

Have you contacted SKM with your specific models to have them added to the library? I use EasyPower and if I send them a request, they usually send me a library update within 24 hrs. It does help when I give them as much information as possible.
I did look at EasyPower's library and there are Mitsubishi and Fuji breakers, both UL & IEC models, in there.

I know doesn't help you but I would think if you send a request to SKM, they should respond.

On another note, if these breakers are in the main control cabinet for the tools, they should be ignored for arc flash hazard as the protection will come from the feeder or upstream protective device, so the specifics of the breaker are a moot point.

The specifics of the breaker would come into play if there are separate panels being fed or you are doing a coordination analysis also.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:58 pm 
Sparks Level

I would also recommend you contact SKM with the specific make and models of the breakers you need to have added. Presumably you're paying the annual maintenance for the software? If so these library updates are a part of the service you receive as part of the maintenance agreement, along with upgraded versions of the software.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:47 am 
Sparks Level

In the semiconductor process world, many "tools", (but especially Cluster tools) have power distribution cabinets, that then feed out to many other separate items of equipment, many of which frequently require testing, service, or adjustment.
If you consider what the "PDC" really is, (a switchboard, or panel board) then his need for these models becomes apparent.

I would second the comment about asking SKM for models, that service IS what you are paying that Maintenance fee for.
Just looked in my library, and the std SKM distribution has a few Fuji, and a fair number of Mitsu breakers.
The only info I have in my personal library is a Fuji breaker that was private labeled for IEM (a switchgear MFG) over a decade ago, and I am not at liberty to release it anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:07 pm 

I have contacted SKM, but the wait time is impacting schedule. The intent is for coordination between the devices and upstream breakers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:26 am 
Plasma Level

I don't have SKM but use EasyPower. I don't know what the wait time is but with EasyPower, I usually have a new library addition sent to me within 24 hrs. I am very pleased with the technical support.
Do you have the TCCs for the breakers in question? If I have that information, I always send it to EasyPower with my request.
If you have the TCCs, can you modify the SKM library to add them in yourself?