It is currently Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:02 pm

ekstra   ara
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:45 pm 
Sparks Level

Where does the label go??

mayhem wrote:
Hi, we are starting to manufacture FR union made shirts. We had our arc testing done and it is rated at 6.5 cal/sq.cm which makes it HRC1 category. Where do we have to place the label(s), is it law to have them in view and not behind the collar? Does HRC1 have to be on the outside of the shirt? We were just going to put our company FR label on the collar with the arc rating.

http://www.arcflashforum.com/showthread.php?t=717

This is an excellent place to start your search although I must say that it takes more than arc safe material to manufacture high quality PPE. Are you sure the garment meets all the other specifications? :eek:

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:05 am 
Sparks Level

mayhem wrote:
:eek: yes, i am sure :eek: what other specs. are you concerned about anyway? You people get too fanatical about all this FR stuff. We've had ALL the proper testing done on the fabric and we know how to make quality shirts, so don't you worry.

Not to be too fanatical but we are right to question every manufacturer providing arc flash PPE. I will not risk the lives of my workers for a few dollars savings and I certainly do take all my suppliers to task for any quality problems I find with their products.
My site spends well in excess of $500,000 per year on Arc Flash PPE and equipment, corporately the figure is in the millions. I hope your product is high quality because if it hits my desk for review, I will look for any faults it might have - price point is secondary considered with safety.
Good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:40 pm 
Plasma Level

mayhem wrote:
:eek: yes, i am sure :eek: what other specs. are you concerned about anyway? You people get too fanatical about all this FR stuff. We've had ALL the proper testing done on the fabric and we know how to make quality shirts, so don't you worry.

Did you manufacture the material or just use another FR material to manufacture the garments? Makes on difference for the requirements.

Canucks questions are 100% justified. Don't get so defensive, you came here with questions that someone who knows the standards should already know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:11 pm 
Plasma Level

mayhem wrote:
yea, i asked about labeling and that's all, now you can all stop acting like a$$holes. This will be my last post due to the rudeness of the people on this forum. Goodbye forever and have a nice life! :eek:

We will miss you so much. No one was rude, in fact your sarcastic post (#5)was the only post in this thread with a hint of rudeness.