It is currently Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:33 pm

ekstra   ara
 Post subject: Labeling Small Panels
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:40 am 

Has anyone come up with a way to label the smaller panels and starters that are too small to accept the standard 4"x6" arc flash labels. I have thought about applying the label to something like plastic and then attaching the plastic to the device so that it hangs on the device. Don't really have any ideas on what to use. Any suggestions?

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:02 am 
Sparks Level

One of the items that we note during the data gathering process is "large label" or "small label". The large label devices get the standard 4x6 labels. The small label devices get a 3x4 label. I print these from Easypower. It takes a little longer but the job looks better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:21 pm 
Sparks Level

One of the clients I work with had all the 4" x 6" labels and there were lots that wouldn't fit, or it made no sense to label it (ie. smaller 480 volt VFDs)...

For the smaller panels, they were typically in a 10'x10' building so I put the labels on the wall adjacent to the main breaker/panel. For the smaller VFDs, I put the labels adjacent to the drive on the wall.. That way if you change the VFD, you don't need a new label... In these cases, if you can't see the label and figure it out (as it is in plain sight beside where you are working), you probably shouldn't be in that building...

JMO...