It is currently Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:13 pm

ekstra   ara
 Post subject: How to replace an old label
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:14 am 
Sparks Level

According to NFPA 70E or CSA Z462, we have to review the arc flash study not more than 5 year or if there is a big change to the distribution system. What if I have to replace an old label with new based on this review, what is the best practical way to replace an old label? I don't know what kind of materials that you use for your arc flash warning label, the one we have is supplied by Graphicproducts. It is hard to remove the old one but we have to, do you have any better idea how to remove them or just simply cover on them?

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:40 pm 
Arc Level

We used to use the 'impossible to remove' kind, figuring they needed to last forever.
Now we use a standard 'cheaper' product which is not as hard to remove. They cost so little now, we simply replace them if they get damaged.

I have no problem with putting a new label over a crossed out old label.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:28 am 
Sparks Level

New over top of the old..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:43 am 

You can call your rep at Graphic Products. They are always happy to answer questions. Support is free for all existing customers.

Graphic Products' DuraLabel labels are tough to remove. But, try heating them with a heat gun. That will soften the adhesive and in many cases allow the label to be peeled off.

If you install a new label over an existing label, the expected life of that label will be that of the oldest label.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:56 am 
Sparks Level

Thanks for the inputs. Actually we have found out that the old lable is not that difficult to be removed from the existing surface. If you try heat gun, that will make the work much easier. Thanks Steve!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:07 am 
Sparks Level

I was using pricy Graphic Products labels and went to another brand buying in a quanity discount due to printing new/updating/replacing many labels. Found out the hard way Graphic Products uses a RF identification system in their label cores so the printer will not allow the use of another label mfg product. Nice... hu? Graphic Products sales fodder and printer manual doesn't mention that you can only use their products until you call customer service trying to figure out why the printer stopped working. I was at a customer site two states away with a non fuctiioning printer. BTW... I trashed the printer and bought a clone for 1/2 the Graphic Product price that doesn't have an RF id system.