It is currently Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:48 pm

ekstra   ara
 Post subject: 3rd Party Arc Flash Label Printing Service
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:20 pm 

Hello,

I am looking for recommendations for 3rd party arc flash label printing services. I am located in Canada, but am open to printing services from the states.

I have tried ordering labels from Brady Canada, but was generally unhappy with the process (lots of data entry errors through several review iterations), and found that their labels were difficult to apply without air bubbles.

Thank you for your suggestions.

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject: Re: 3rd Party Arc Flash Label Printing Service
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:07 am 

I has good experiences with Arcadvisor Jim

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:21 am 
Plasma Level

Your best bet is a local printer. Very easy to deal with issues that way. The more difficult the printer is to communicate to, the more problems I've had.

Get UV overlaminate which is essentially the self laminating adhesive sheets with a UV protector in the film. Truth be told you could probably print onto ordinary Avery stickers with that stuff over it. The "library grade" that they use for numbering book spines isn't labelled outdoor duty but I've had zero trouble. You just buy say 20 sheets and cut them all slightly bigger than your label with scissors or a paper cutter. Stick the label on then stick the overlaminate on over it. This lasts far longer than any single layer label. Eventually the overlaminate yellows but the sticker is intact.

I've seen UV lacquer sprays and paint on stuff but haven't tried any of them. The sheets are so clean and easy.

I have not any label product by itself on the market that is outdoor resistant for 5+ years, Brady and others included. Vinyl cut outs like the lettering you see on store windows that goes on with spray adhesive works good too but it's not ideal for labels compared to signs.

If you print yourself, AVOID the stupid orange colored thermal printer on the market. It's a total ripoff. Do your research and buy the same make/model of thermal vinyl printer and any label material you want with no RFID buggy and ripoff restrictions. The software used on the printer at least used to be a free download. But with over laminate a laser printer/copier will work better and since you just use the same "office printer" its much easier to maintain than a separate special printer that always takes longer to set up than actual print time.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:05 am 
Sparks Level

I print them myself on a color laser printer and blank labels from onlinelabels.com. It works great and I can make changes in seconds and re-print. They are 4 labels per 8.5 x 11" blank.

The downside is, labels on outdoor equipment fades very quickly. I haven't had time to try to solve that yet with some type of UV protectant sleeve or spray.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:09 am 

I have a really good contractor with laser printer great vinyl and an additional uv protection.

Thank you,
Bill

Last edited by wbd on Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
commercial marketing info provided