It is currently Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:16 pm

ekstra   ara
 Post subject: Donnie's Accident website
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:33 pm 

Hello Members! My name is Donnie Johnson. My wife and I made a video a few years ago called "Donnie's Accident". I have a new website. I have had numerous requests on You Tube and other sites for copies of my video from safety directors. They use it for their safety programs. So I made a website! I use the video during my 'work safety' presentations when I speak at events, businesses and organizations. You can watch or download the video and read the full story of my 'experience' here. I’m not charging anything; this site is meant to help promote safety awareness by sharing my experience before during and after an electrical "Arc Blast" accident as well as reminding us what can happen if we don’t follow our safety procedures. Please feel free to share the link.

http://www.donniesaccident.com

You can contact me at: [email protected]
or the “Comments or Questions” box on the website.

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:57 am 
Sparks Level

Very compelling story that could have ended up a tragedy. This is a good reminder that it only takes a millisecond to become a disaster. A 3000A, 480 volt xfmr can product 40 to 50kA of fault current at the secondary lugs. He is lucky to be alive.

Accidents are a chain of unrelated events when combined result in an accident. In this case no ppe + possibly no NFPA70E training + wrong type of meter = arc flash.

Recently there was a accident where a electrician was killed when his non-UL listed & non Cat IV rated DVM meter exploded and arc flashed a shopping mall 480v switchgear bus. OSHA investigation determined the Chinese made DVM circuit board copper traces lacked required spacing for 480 volts resulting in a flash over.

Thanks for sharing your story Don... best of luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:28 pm 

Thanks for your comments geh7752. Hopefully others can learn from my mistakes. I'm not a safety expert, but i can provide an example of what could happen if you don't follow your safety procedures. I want people to think about ALL the consequences of their actions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:13 am 

Donnie wrote:
Thanks for your comments geh7752. Hopefully others can learn from my mistakes. I'm not a safety expert, but i can provide an example of what could happen if you don't follow your safety procedures. I want people to think about ALL the consequences of their actions.

Good to see you here Donnie.. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:17 pm 

Thanks Harry, you're a familar member ;)