It is currently Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:27 am

ekstra   ara
 Post subject: arc flash bids
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:19 am 

I have been doing arc-flash studies for over 3 years in a company, but I would like to start doing them independently as I have a PE. Can you guys describe the process of obtaining a job? My understanding is that the job is obtained through a contractor. Is there a website where the available jobs are posted to bid on them?

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject: Re: arc flash bids
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:24 am 
Plasma Level

There really isn't a one size fits all answer for this.

Back from my consulting days, a lot of it was about relationships. Join technical groups, attend conferences, get known.

Contractors often do sub studies out. When I was at Square D in the early 1980s, that is what our group of 5 did. Studies (short circuit and coordination) were starting to be specified by the consultant, who would pass it to the contractor, who would pass it to the distributor who would pass it to the equipment manufacturer. Our group was just beginning and now they have 100's of people.

If you don't have one already, develop an on line presence with both a website and social media.

It takes time to build up a client base but once you are established and have a good reputation, it becomes easier.

I wish you well.

Profile Send private message