It is currently Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:46 am

ekstra   ara
 Post subject: Arc Flash report - Example Wanted
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:50 am 

Does anyone have an example of what a professional arc flash report looks like/includes? I've looking all over and I can't find a single example of a canned study.

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:05 pm 
Sparks Level

Example Study

Don't know about an actual study report, but if you google arc flash, you will get alot of info. Easypower has a resource center with guidelines and specs for download.

Jim Phillips (our forum administrator) has some good info on his brainfiller site as well.

You may have already gotten to these spots.

Hope it helps,
Alan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:22 pm 
Sparks Level

A "Canned Study" might not be the same as a professional report. Etap will print the arc flash results right on a single line diagram, and can also generate many pages of information. From these I have put the calculated results in a simple table format that can be reviewed, just a plain old spread sheet.

Gary B

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:25 am 

deprico wrote:
Does anyone have an example of what a professional arc flash report looks like/includes? I've looking all over and I can't find a single example of a canned study.

I am not sure what you are looking for also. If you are look for what is included in a report that a professional engineer may provide to a client I may be able to provide you with an outline.

If you are looking for simply what information you need, then the software programs can spit out all of the information including, but mot limited to, labels, tables with incident energies on indicidual buses, single lines with information labeled, TCC with Arcflash flags, etc.

I include some of this information in my reports, however I tailor it for individual clients. I also do reports where the Arc Flash study is part of a coordination study and the report is combined.

PM me and we can exchange emails if you wish....

Cheers