It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:53 am

ekstra   ara
 Post subject: Setting changes on GE relays
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:04 pm 

Hello all!

I want to start this thread because of significant and potential problems caused by compatibility between dell latitude and GE Relays. I experienced multiple occasions where clients call back asking why we change settings on their relays, when in fact we compare the settings in EnerVista. A pop-up window appears with a message "no setting differences found". One thinks that the settings As Found and As Left are the same.

I want to ask if anyone has experienced such setting change and what change and perhaps what was the solution to prevent this.

Thank you all.

I will be close by to answer any questions regarding my experience.

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:20 am 
Sparks Level

Juan C Toral wrote:
Hello all!

I want to start this thread because of significant and potential problems caused by compatibility between dell latitude and GE Relays. I experienced multiple occasions where clients call back asking why we change settings on their relays, when in fact we compare the settings in EnerVista. A pop-up window appears with a message "no setting differences found". One thinks that the settings As Found and As Left are the same.

I want to ask if anyone has experienced such setting change and what change and perhaps what was the solution to prevent this.

Thank you all.

I will be close by to answer any questions regarding my experience.

I have personally used several Dell Latitude D series and E series computers to program GE relays and never experienced a problem like this. I currently use a Dell precision series laptop and it works fine as well. I'm not sure how the make and model of the computer would impact the integrity of the settings file in any way, although it can affect your ability to connect to the relay with serial or USB. If you can successfully connect to the relay and upload/download settings your computer is probably not the issue. It's always good practice to make sure you have the latest version of the Enervista software and the latest relay driver for the particular relays you're connecting to.

When you make a settings change do you get the confirmation box that says "Settings saved and verified"? Also, use the front panel of the relay to view the settings before and after you make changes to compare.

Profile Send private message