It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:57 am

ekstra   ara
 Post subject: Walls and Riverside FR Clothing
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:12 am 

Looking for comments/experience with Walls and/or Riverside FR clothing, particularly HRC2 long sleeved shirts and pants.

We have experience with Bulwark and Carhartt. The Bulwark stuff is ok - but doesn't hold up as well as we'd like. We have mostly Excel FR Comfortouch and Indura Ultra Soft material. The pants seem to wear out before the shirts do. The shirts sometimes shrink in the wash. The Carhartt stuff is a little new to us - materials are made by Mt. Vernon or something like that. The FR pants seem much thinner than the Carhartt duck work pants we are accustomed to.

I have another vendor offering the Walls and Riverside lines as an alternative - just checking for feedback.

- Jason

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:40 pm 

Nobody is using these lines?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:29 pm 

one thing to keep in mind is if the PPE is inherently FR or chemically treated, if chemically treated it is typically not durable as much as the inherently FR, it is heavier, and if you don't pay attention to washing instructions the chemicals might wash off resulting in a hazard, so you need to look into the "cost per wash" and not just the initial cost, I recommend Oberon products as their cost per wash is good, and they are inherently FR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:46 pm 

Riverside

grapejape wrote:
Nobody is using these lines?

I was not going to say anything, but I don't want to just let this drift.

I work at Riverside. Your distributor has access to many lines that hit different niches. Thanks for asking about Riverside FR and how we fit into the market.

Riverside tries to make daily wear that is superior in protection, comfort and/or construction. Many of our original designs become instant favorites, some do not. As one of my sales people says "Not always right, but always trying!"

We make garments from inherent and treated fabrics and they are worn across the USA Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:44 pm 

Walls FR Clothing

grapejape wrote:
Looking for comments/experience with Walls and/or Riverside FR clothing, particularly HRC2 long sleeved shirts and pants.

We have experience with Bulwark and Carhartt. The Bulwark stuff is ok - but doesn't hold up as well as we'd like. We have mostly Excel FR Comfortouch and Indura Ultra Soft material. The pants seem to wear out before the shirts do. The shirts sometimes shrink in the wash. The Carhartt stuff is a little new to us - materials are made by Mt. Vernon or something like that. The FR pants seem much thinner than the Carhartt duck work pants we are accustomed to.

I have another vendor offering the Walls and Riverside lines as an alternative - just checking for feedback.

- Jason

Hello Jason

The Walls FR clothing is made by a very similar process to the Excel put out by Bulwark and the Indura that Westex makes for manufactorers.
All three of these products are inherently flame resistant and the FR properties cannot be washed out.

What happens is that the FR properties are applied to the core of the thread of the cotton fabric in a process. The fabric itself is still cotton in the sense that it will shrink and wear out like cotton. The blend of 88% cotton / 12 % nylon will wear longer then the 100% FR cotton fabric.
Also the duck material is a certain weave that makes it much stronger which is also reflected in the price

I know this does not answer your question about the experience others have had with the quality of the Walls product but I thought I would add my comments.

It would be good to hear from some end users on this matter.