It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:04 am

ekstra   ara
 Post subject: FR Hairnet supplier?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:34 am 

I was wondering if anyone knew of a Flame Retardant hairnet supplier.

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:38 am 
Sparks Level

Salisbury makes both hair and beard nets which have an ATPV rating of 2.4cal/cm^2.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:03 am 

Many different manufactures offer Arc Rated Hair and Beard Nets. Another example is Oberon, see attached. Oberon uses 100% Nomex Jersey Knit with encapsulated elastic band, the arc rating is 2.7 cal/cm2 and the fabric only weighs 1.75oz. I have experience selling Arc Rated Hairnets and the most important consideration for the workers who wear them is "how hot are they?". Light weight 100% Nomex Jersey Knit is the most comfortable option in my opinion.

Tips: make sure you buy hair/beard nets that are launderable! I even suggest using a mesh laundry bag to help extend the life of these products (laundering machines can be rough on light weight jersey knit). Most of my customers realize at least 3-6 months wear life with Oberon hair nets when they use them daily and launder them frequently.

Pricing (Oberon MSRP in US dollars, FOB Factory)
20" Hairnet $14/EA
24" Hairnet $16/EA
Beardnet $16/EA

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:03 pm 

Jim Pollard wrote:
Many different manufactures offer Arc Rated Hair and Beard Nets. Another example is Oberon, see attached. Oberon uses 100% Nomex Jersey Knit with encapsulated elastic band, the arc rating is 2.7 cal/cm2 and the fabric only weighs 1.75oz. I have experience selling Arc Rated Hairnets and the most important consideration for the workers who wear them is "how hot are they?". Light weight 100% Nomex Jersey Knit is the most comfortable option in my opinion.

Tips: make sure you buy hair/beard nets that are launderable! I even suggest using a mesh laundry bag to help extend the life of these products (laundering machines can be rough on light weight jersey knit). Most of my customers realize at least 3-6 months wear life with Oberon hair nets when they use them daily and launder them frequently.

Pricing (Oberon MSRP in US dollars, FOB Factory)
20" Hairnet $14/EA
24" Hairnet $16/EA
Beardnet $16/EA

Hmm, should I go there Jim????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:55 pm 

Allison White wrote:
Hmm, should I go there Jim????

Feel free! Everyone else is using this board to sell their products or advertise their company so I thought what the hell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:14 pm 

Jim Pollard wrote:
Feel free! Everyone else is using this board to sell their products or advertise their company so I thought what the hell.

Actually quite a bit gets deleted or edited that many probably never see. There are still a lot of promo posts out here but the "spam / advertising police" are starting to go though it and delete / edit some of it since more and more are pushing the line.