It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:31 am

ekstra   ara
 Post subject: PPE for 0 HRC rating in cleanroom
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 2:26 pm 

I manage a group of mechanics that service equipment in a class 100,000 clean room. Its not really clean by electronic component manufacturing standards but hairnets, nylon smocks and booties are required to enter the space.

We had an analysis done on the equipment by a consulting firm and most of the machines got an HRC rating of 0 and a flash protection boundry of 0.5 ft.

The rec'd PPE is safety glasses and a long sleeve shirt. A cotton shirt won't fly due to the cleanroom requirements. I found a smock from Aramark that is both cleanroom approved and provides an energy rating of 8 cal/cm2, (good to HRC 2.) But at 420$/smock, I looking for other options.

In the 70E standard, I noticed that Rayon is considered non melting. Are there any Rayon cleanroom smocks out there? I was also wondering if the paper Tyvek smocks might get me to an HRC 0 rating. All ideas welcome. TIA

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 8:52 am 
Plasma Level

White Knight has disposable clean room arc rated garments, this link has everything you need to know about clean room FR clothing

http://www.cemag.us/articles.asp?pid=658

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 9:52 am 

I spoke with White Knight. They sold their disposable product line to Dupont. Dupont markets them under the name Nomex Limitedwear. Unfortuntately, they are not rated for use in a controlled environment.

It turns out that White Knight makes the clean room smocks for Aramark, (the $420 ones.) They are made to order due to the cost.

The search continues. Thanks for the pointer to the cemag article.