It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:58 am

ekstra   ara
 Post subject: MSA V-Gard
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:55 am 

I'm looking into appropriate head and sensory PPE and I came across the MSA V-Gard. Just wondered if you've used this or had any experience and what your thoughts are on it really?

You can take a look here: http://www.totalprotectionuk.com/ppe.htm

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:26 am 
Sparks Level

It looks identical to the hard hat I used at my last job - I'll have to double check but they worked fine and were E rated as well. Also have a place for attachement of the arc flash face shield.

I couldn't help but notice in the picture that the guy is wearing hard hat, hearing protection, gloves, and high-vis clothing but no safety glasses. Kind of surprising for a safety company web site.

TxEngr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:54 pm 

I wear a hard hat simuliar to that, but mine has the visor all the way around the hat. Seems to be good protection. I would have to check the rating on it though. Don't be suprised by the fault in the picture. I'm 50 and over the years I have learned that the idiot's that make most of the rules and pose for pictures such as that would have no clue to how to go on a real jobsite and do a job safely and make money doing it. Sometimes you just have to laugh at it. I worked at a Nuclear Power plant in Glen Rose Texas back in late 70's early 80's. We were getting ready to unload a huge diesel engine generator that was a backup for unit 1 reactor. Around 25,000 hp. Once we got it lifted from the railcar bed and swung in a safe location we had to stop and let the bigwheels hold the tag lines for a photo op. Once the picture was made we were able to go back to work. They were happy. got their picture in Brown and Roots monthy magazine. This is just another example you found.