It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:59 pm

ekstra   ara
 Post subject: asking for some information arc flash
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:27 pm 

Hi, Im from Peru, and I started working trying to understand the arc flash studies and what can I do, step by step in order to calculate the incident energy based in "[b]ARC FLASH HAZARD ANALYSIS AND MITIGATION By Christopher Inshaw review" and the minimun distance for working in energized instalations.

1.-In order to the IEEE procedure, the firs equation is to determine the arcing current, then the incident energy, and finally the minimum distance.
2.-I would be so grateful if someone of you have a technical procedure or some example to calculate the arc flash because the information I found was not easy for me.

Thanksss

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:36 am 
Arc Level

Hello,
Welcome to the forum.

I am unclear on what you are asking for. All the equations are in the paper that you cited. Is it developing the spreadsheet you are having issues with?

Are you doing this for a facility that you work at? If so, it may be easier and more accurate to have the study done by someone who has done them before and has more sophisticated software than Excel. The benefit of that is that you will typically get a short circuit and protection and coordination study at the same time.

Profile Send private message