It is currently Mon May 25, 2020 9:53 am

ekstra   ara
 Post subject: IEEE 1584-2018 calculation examples.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:18 am 

Hello!
I am working on my own spreadsheet for the calculation of incident energy in accordance with IEEE 1584-2018.
I wonder if anyone can share numerical examples DIFFERENT from those provided by the standard in Annex D, for validation? I mean, with different types of enclosure, voltages, etc.
Thanks,
Sato

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject: Re: IEEE 1584-2018 calculation examples.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:50 pm 

Hello Sato
I have developed an IEEE 1584-2018 excel spreadsheet for simple one contribution radial feeder. ( as IEEE1584 Annnex D.1 and D.2 )
Send example input data:
Voc, Ibf, Gap, Working Distance, bus configuration, enclosure H X W X D, time-current curves for the one ( only ) protective devicve which clears the arcing current.
I will check the example using my spreadsheet and PTW32 Ver 9006.
Murray

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:35 am 
Sparks Level

efmsato wrote:
I am working on my own spreadsheet for the calculation of incident energy in accordance with IEEE 1584-2018.
I wonder if anyone can share numerical examples DIFFERENT from those provided by the standard in Annex D, for validation? I mean, with different types of enclosure, voltages, etc.

Please consider signing up free for AFA arc flash analysis web app online at https://app.arcadvisor.com and running any case scenarios you need to compare against your spreadsheet calcs. Once you've signed up, feel free to contact me and I'll unlock all the app features for you and anyone interested reading this post at ArcFlash forum for a couple of months.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:25 am 

arcad wrote:
efmsato wrote:

Please consider signing up free for AFA arc flash analysis web app online at https://app.arcadvisor.com and running any case scenarios you need to compare against your spreadsheet calcs. Once you've signed up, feel free to contact me and I'll unlock all the app features for you and anyone interested reading this post at ArcFlash forum for a couple of months.

Dear Michael,
I appreciate your cooperation. I signed up for ArcAdvisor, I found it a great tool. I would like to do a test with medium voltage calculations. Would it be possible to have this functionality temporarily for evaluation?
Thank you!
Edson Sato

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:27 am 

mnewman wrote:
Hello Sato
I have developed an IEEE 1584-2018 excel spreadsheet for simple one contribution radial feeder. ( as IEEE1584 Annnex D.1 and D.2 )
Send example input data:
Voc, Ibf, Gap, Working Distance, bus configuration, enclosure H X W X D, time-current curves for the one ( only ) protective devicve which clears the arcing current.
I will check the example using my spreadsheet and PTW32 Ver 9006.
Murray

Dear Murray,

I appreciate your message. I did not visit the Arc Flash Forum for a few days, so I just got your message. I hope everyone is doing well in your country. I am sure that we will soon overcome this difficult moment.

The spreadsheet I developed is "IEEE1584-2018_v5.xlsx". The spreadsheet is already filled in with data from Appendix D.1 and D.2 (lines 8-9), in addition to data from a case study I am working on (lines 10-22).

I would appreciate it if you can reproduce the results in your spreadsheet for comparison.

Regards,

Edson Sato

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:09 am 
Sparks Level

efmsato wrote:
arcad wrote:
efmsato wrote:

Dear Michael,
I appreciate your cooperation. I signed up for ArcAdvisor, I found it a great tool. I would like to do a test with medium voltage calculations. Would it be possible to have this functionality temporarily for evaluation?
Thank you!
Edson Sato

Thanks for your favorable feedback, Edson. I've granted you two months full access to the resource.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 7:02 am 

Hello Michael.....I too have developed my own spreadsheet and wish to verify my calculations. I have also signed up to use your spreadsheet via the link you provided previously. I would appreciate the opportunity to utilize the functionality of your program as you have offered.

Thank you!

Ernie Bowles

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 7:08 am 
Sparks Level

ebowles wrote:
Hello Michael.....I too have developed my own spreadsheet and wish to verify my calculations. I have also signed up to use your spreadsheet via the link you provided previously. I would appreciate the opportunity to utilize the functionality of your program as you have offered.

Thank you!

Ernie Bowles

Hi Ernie,

As requested, I've granted you two months free access to the arc flash analysis web app.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 2:28 pm 

Thank you very much!

Ernie Bowles