It is currently Thu Oct 01, 2026 1:04 pm



Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
 Post subject: ETAP - Electrode configurations 1 and 2
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2026 2:02 pm 

Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2026 10:39 pm
Posts: 1
Hi Everyone!

I have some doubts! I hope you can help me.
Currently, I´m doing an arc-flash study using ETAP software, but, I´ve notice that ETAP has a feature that allow us to provide one or two configurations for the electrodes, so, my doubt is:

1. If you have a Switchboard and the first configuration I mean electrode line side is VCBB until main CB (that is my firt configuration?) and load side of the main CB is VCB arrangement (that is my second configuration)?

2. After the main CB with VCB arrengment there is a change of the configuration I mean, the busbar configuration change to HCB, so, the main bus must be configurated as HCB and the enclosure configuration of the main CB must be VCBB - main CB - VCB?

I share with you a screenshot of this feature.

I would really appreciate your feedback and comments.

Thank you in advance!

Note: I apologize if my English is not perfect.


Attachments:
configurations.png
configurations.png [ 185.88 KiB | Viewed 10105 times ]
electrode-config.png
electrode-config.png [ 8.03 KiB | Viewed 10105 times ]
Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: ETAP - Electrode configurations 1 and 2
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2026 8:28 am 
Sparks Level

Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2025 2:54 pm
Posts: 74
I would suggest doing a search on this site regarding electrode configuration. I've always personally tried to model it as it exists onsite, however, as in your case, if the configuration could be considered as more than one of the stock electrode configurations in software, the general consensus here has often been to model it as both and pick the one that produces the higher incident energy in a fault.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 7 hours


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
© 2022-2025 Arcflash Forum / Brainfiller, Inc. | P.O. Box 12024 | Scottsdale, AZ 85267 USA | 800-874-8883