It is currently Fri Oct 02, 2026 8:25 am



Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
 Post subject: Adding devices to library in EasyPower
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2026 10:38 am 
Sparks Level

Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2025 2:54 pm
Posts: 75
I suppose some of the info I need is EasyPower specific, and some more broadly applicable to all AFS software. So a widely used circuit breaker is not in the EP device library (Square D PowerPact JGL36200). It seems the quickest way to solve this is to add the device to my local device library, but there are two issues:
1) I haven't been able to locate that info from Schneider/Square D's websites, and
2) EasyPower's library gives me an error "The Min Clearing curve in style XXXXX, frame xxxxx requires at least two points....", and when I insert values for Min Clearing curve, it tells me there are "Missing Pickup values".

Anyone here have experience adding devices to the library in EasyPower, and/or anyone here know where to find this data from the manufacturer? Thank you!


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Adding devices to library in EasyPower
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2026 2:07 pm 
Arc Level
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:01 am
Posts: 498
Hard to believe they wouldn't have that breaker. Going from memory here so I may be wrong but in SKM the thermal mag and electronic trip breakers are in two separate "folders". Sometimes the same frame breaker has two versions. One electronic trip and one minimally adjustable thermal mag. This has caused me fits a time or two when I was looking in the wrong folder and thought the SKM library was lacking when it wasn't.

I think the PowerPact's are that way but again, my memory could be off here. I also don't know how EasyPower "files" their library data.

_________________
Retired but I might visit once in awhile


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Adding devices to library in EasyPower
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2026 3:44 am 
Arc Level
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:01 am
Posts: 498
Here is what I was trying to explain. Both are J-Frame PowerPact but in different folders as one is Electronic Trip and on is Thermal Mag. It is easy to be looking in the wrong place in SKM. Easy Power may or may not be similar. Just don't know:

Attachment:
JGL Electronic Trip.jpg
JGL Electronic Trip.jpg [ 179.07 KiB | Viewed 31448 times ]


Attachment:
JGL Thermal Mag.jpg
JGL Thermal Mag.jpg [ 138.67 KiB | Viewed 31448 times ]

_________________
Retired but I might visit once in awhile


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Adding devices to library in EasyPower
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2026 8:37 am 
Sparks Level

Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2025 2:54 pm
Posts: 75
Thank you sir. I eventually found the breaker. I don't know if SKM is as loopy as EasyPower when it comes to libraries, but when I can't find the specific device I'm looking for, I'll usually have to do a web search on the product based on the data pulled from the photos of the actual product. Online, there will often be a separate descriptor or category description that doesn't appear on the device. Searching that in EasyPower will often bring up what I was looking for.

I hate searching 1/2 hour for a single component, but here we are.

edit: I need to start looking in the actual libraries more instead of using the component dialog boxes. Thanks for the reminder!


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Adding devices to library in EasyPower
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2026 7:55 am 
Sparks Level

Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2025 2:54 pm
Posts: 75
bbaumer wrote:
Here is what I was trying to explain. Both are J-Frame PowerPact but in different folders as one is Electronic Trip and on is Thermal Mag. It is easy to be looking in the wrong place in SKM. Easy Power may or may not be similar. Just don't know:


As it turns out, the EasyPower device libraries have separate entries for trip units that are independent from the breakers. This theoretically allows you to pair wildly incompatible trip units to breakers of different manufacturers, but the relevant part is that breakers are not categorized by what type of trip unit they're implementing...So classifying what trip unit is being used will not help an EasyPower user find their breaker any easier. Just a bit of information for its own sake, I guess.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 7 hours


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
© 2022-2025 Arcflash Forum / Brainfiller, Inc. | P.O. Box 12024 | Scottsdale, AZ 85267 USA | 800-874-8883