Live Streaming with Q&A in Two – 4 Hour Sessions:
Registration Deadline: One week prior to course (in order to receive training material)
A recording of this 8 hour class will be made available to all registered attendees of the Live Streaming Event and credit will be provided for one online training class.
Two scheduled classes for this year:
September 16 – 17, 2020
November 4 – 5, 2020
Two – 4 hour sessions with a one hour break
Eastern Daylight Time
11:00 AM – 1:00 PM
2:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Pacific Daylight Time
8:00 AM – 10:00 AM
11:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Register 3 People and the 4th is FREE!
Special rates for groups of 10 or more!
NFPA 70E states that retraining in safety-related work practices and applicable changes in this standard shall be performed at intervals not to exceed 3 years. This time frame is so employees can keep up to date with the triennial revision cycle of this important electrical safety standard.
Learn about the major changes to the 2021 Edition of NFPA 70E as well as receive refresher training about electrical safety.
This class covers the major changes to the 2021 Edition of NFPA 70E such as:
- Revised Definitions.
- Reorganization of Article 110.
- Moving Priority from Article 105 to 110.1 to emphasize the importance
- Addition of informational note regarding online training.
- New note regarding multi-employer work sites – more than one employer can be responsible.
- New section about Electrically Safe Work Policy.
- There is a New Sub Section about Equipment Use.
- Clarification regarding “Block or relive stored non-electrical energy devices”.
- New task added to Table 130.5(C) “operating a circuit breaker or switch for the first time under all conditions is listed as “Yes” regarding likelihood of an arc flash incident.
- A new informational note was added regarding the arc rating of outer layers used for safety or protection from the elements.
- New examples of risk reduction methods when testing absence of voltage with an incident energy greater than arc rating of commercially available arc rated PPE.
- A new Article 360 regarding capacitor safety was added.
And much more!
0.8 CEUs / 8 PDHs and a Certificate are included.
“Plan B” A free one hour 2021 NFPA 70E Update Online class recorded during Jim Phillips’ live streaming course held June 18, 2020. This is part of our new online platform – learn anytime, anywhere. Take the course, successfully complete the short quiz and print out your continuing education certificate and transcript. (and this one’s free)
Review how to sign up (scroll down to “How to Begin Filling Your Brain”
[How do I sign up?]