What a week! Like everyone else, we at Brainfiller have been following the COVID-19 news closely. For many of us, we are so used to the hustle and bustle of life that when we are forced to stay home and slow down, we are unsure what to do with ourselves. If you’re like me, you’re home with your kids trying to entertain them and make sure that they are staying happy and healthy.
Today is St. Patrick’s Day. A day when many of us would be out socializing and celebrating. Just because we are social distancing, that does NOT mean that we can’t still celebrate! Here are some fun activities that you can do to celebrate from home:
- Dropkick Murphy’s Livestream: Every year, the iconic Celtic-punk band Dropkick Murphy’s puts on a live show to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day. This year, they will be doing a livestream concert for the entire world to watch. You can watch it on their YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook. For more information, please visit Dropkick Murphys.
- Virtual Milwaukee Irish Fest: With the trend of putting everything online, the Milwaukee Irish Fest will also be live streaming for your enjoyment. They will also be featuring artist-curated videos, Irish Fest throwback videos, and more. For more information, please visit Irish Fest.
- Shamrocks & Shenanigans Virtual 4 Miler: Just because you’re social distancing, doesn’t mean you can’t go outside and run (from a distance). This virtual race will be held all month long. To sign up go to Shamrocks & Shenanigans.
- Virtual St. Patrick’s Day Parade: The parades have been cancelled, but that doesn’t mean you can’t still have fun! People all over Twitter have announced that they will be having their own virtual parades in their homes. Dress up in green and orange and have a parade in your own living room!
- LemonAid – St. Patrick’s Day Virtual Festival: This virtual festival has several artists performing and will have two virtual stages – one on Facebook and one on Instagram Live. This is taking place from 1pm – 10pm ET and has no cover charge. However, they will be suggesting ways to support the artists. Check it out at their Facebook event page: LemonAid – St. Patrick’s Day Virtual Festival.
- Gardening: This is a great day to try out your green thumb and start planting some flowers and vegetables for the summer. You can do this indoors if it’s still too cold, or outside if the weather is nice. You can even plant shamrocks for a fun St. Patty’s Day addition.
- Green Volcano: If you’re at home with your kids, you should create a green volcano! This is a fun experiment for kids of any age. You can get instructions at: Science Fun! Don’t forget to add some green food coloring.
- Tie-Dye Fun: Another fun project for today would be to tie-dye T-shirts! Use green and orange for a fun St. Patrick’s Day project.
- Green Food: Try to eat only green foods today. Turn it into a game for your kids by telling them that the Leprechaun’s rule is that they must only eat green today. It can be a fun way to get them to eat their green vegetables.
- Virtually Tour St. Patrick’s Cathedral: There are many museums and tourist attractions available to view online right now. One of them is St. Patrick’s Cathedral in New York City. You can view it on their app or on their website at St. Patrick’s Cathedral.
We hope that you all stay safe and healthy. Have a fantastic St. Patrick’s Day!