It’s National Absurdity Day!
Wildly unreasonable, illogical, or inappropriate. November 20th is the day that we embrace our weirdness and the absurdity in the world. So be absurd! Wear something that you wouldn’t normally wear. Eat a sandwich inside out. Only speak in pig latin for the entire day. Have fun!
Did you know that there are facts about our world that are so absurd, yet true? Here are ten fun facts that are so weird that they’re hard to believe:
- If your car could drive up, it would reach outer space in about an hour.
- Saudi Arabia imports camels from Australia.
- It rains diamonds on Jupiter.
- A ball of glass will bounce higher than a ball of rubber. (Although, I wouldn’t try this at home!)
- Lobsters don’t age, nor do they die naturally.
- Neil Armstrong had to clear customs and immigration when he returned from the moon.
- Iran arrested 14 squirrels on suspicion of espionage.
- More people are killed by vending machines every year than by sharks.
- Can openers were invented 48 years after cans.
- Charlie Chaplin lost a Charlie Chaplin lookalike contest.
Have an amazingly absurd day!
*Fun facts courtesy of scoopwhoop.com