This Friday is National Fun at Work Day! Whether you’re working from home, in an office, or outside, there are many ways to celebrate and bond with your coworkers. This holiday is celebrated every year on the last Friday in January. It was created to bring happiness and boost morale in the workplace. So get your team together and plan a fun filled day!
Here are a few ways that you can celebrate:
- Get out of the office: Take a field trip and do a fun group activity. Go to a museum Volunteer with a local charity. Build a snowman (if you’re in a wintery part of the world). Go for a hike (if you’re in a not-so-wintry part of the world). Have fun outside and get some vitamin D!
- Wear costumes: Who says that you can only wear costumes on Halloween? Wear your best costumes and have a contest!
- Declare a nerf war: Create teams and start an office nerf war!
- Office karaoke: Bust out your favorite karaoke songs and perform for your favorite work family. It’s ok. They’re only judging you a little bit.
- Have a contest: Who can stuff the most marshmallows in their mouth? Who can make the best paper airplane? Whatever you decide, make it fun!
- Ice cream social: Who doesn’t love ice cream? Create an ice cream bar with lots of options for toppings. Make sure to include some vegan options for your dairy free friends.
- Office trivia: This one is a great option for a virtual game to include anyone working from home! Create a trivia game or choose a game that’s already available online.
- Scavenger Hunt: Try to find things in the office, in your home, or outside. The options are endless!
- Bring your dogs to work: What’s better than snuggling with your pup all day? Nothing! Bring your favorite fur babies to work and snuggle with them while you work.
- Yoga or Zumba together: Does your team like to get active? Have a private yoga or Zumba class for your group! You can even use a virtual class and follow along.
Whatever you decide to do on Friday, I hope that it makes you smile.