February 20th is National Love Your Pet Day! We at Brainfiller have many fur babies whom we love and adore. From cats and dogs to ferrets and lizards, we love them all. Above is a picture of our pug Skittles dressed up as Thor. Did you know that about 85 million households in the U.S. own at least one pet? Although most of them have dogs and cats, there are many other types of animal companions. As if we need another reason to love our pets, today is the day to give them some extra love and attention.
Here are some ways to celebrate your pets today:
- Make a special treat: Here is a link to recipes for homemade dog treats: Good Housekeeping Pet Treats
- Spoil your pet with a new toy: Visit your local pet store to buy a new toy for your pet. If possible, visit an independently owned store.
- Give them some extra play time: Take your pet to the park or play in your home. Either way, your pet will love and appreciate the extra attention they are getting from you. You can also try to teach them a new trick.
- Arrange a pet playdate: If your pet loves to socialize, this is the perfect day to let them play with or make new friends. Dog parks are the best places to help socialize your pup.
- Take them to a pet spa: Take your pet to get a nice massage and grooming.
- Give them some extra cuddle time: Fuzzy or scaly, all animals love to get cuddles from their favorite humans.
- Take your pet to a pet friendly restaurant: This one is typically just for dogs, but that’s not always the case. I was recently at a restaurant in Las Vegas, NV and saw a girl carrying around her bearded dragon on her shoulder.
- Take your pet for a walk in a new place: Or maybe go hiking! Animals love getting to explore new places and smells. Just remember to bring plenty of water for your pet.
- Drink with your pet: Companies like Pet Winery and Apollo Peak make pet-safe mocktails, beer, wine, and champagne so they can celebrate life with you.
- Share pictures of your pet on social media: Tag #brainfillerpets so we can see your adorable pets!
Have fun with your pets today!