Learn about the major changes to the 2018 Edition of NFPA 70E on your own schedule – for FREE!
This video is based on Jim’s 2018 NFPA 70E changes article that was published in May 2017 for Multi-Award Winning Electrical Contractor Magazine.
In this video, Jim Phillips takes you though many of the major changes to the 2018 Edition.
- Many new and revised definitions such as Working Distance
- Arc Flash Boundary revised definition emphasizes 1.2 cal/cm2
- Why the 40 calories per square centimeter threshold was deleted.
- New requirements for incident investigation
- Complete reorganization of Article 120
- A greater emphasis on the risk assessment
- Deletion of PPE standards from the mandatory text
- New addition of conformity assessment for PPE
- New requirements for inspection of newly installed or modified electrical equipment for compliance with applicable installation codes and standards
- New 130.5(H) Exception 2 providing specific conditions where details such as the arc flash boundary, incident energy etc. may not be required on the label.
- Much more!
Schedule one of Jim’s Live Electrical Safety Classes at Your Location:
Contact our Program Director at 800-874-8883 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a training proposal.