Learn about the major changes to the 2018 Edition of NFPA 70E on your own schedule – for FREE!
This video is based on Jim’s 2018 NFPA 70E changes article that was published in May 2017 for Multi-Award Winning Electrical Contractor Magazine.
In this video, Jim Phillips takes you though many of the major changes to the 2018 Edition.
- Many new and revised definitions such as Working Distance
- Arc Flash Boundary revised definition emphasizes 1.2 cal/cm2
- Why the 40 calories per square centimeter threshold was deleted.
- New requirements for incident investigation
- Complete reorganization of Article 120
- A greater emphasis on the risk assessment
- Deletion of PPE standards from the mandatory text
- New addition of conformity assessment for PPE
- New requirements for inspection of newly installed or modified electrical equipment for compliance with applicable installation codes and standards
- New 130.5(H) Exception 2 providing specific conditions where details such as the arc flash boundary, incident energy etc. may not be required on the label.
- Much more!
Schedule one of Jim’s Live Electrical Safety Classes at Your Location:
Contact our Program Director at 800-874-8883 or [email protected] for a training proposal.
About Jim Phillips, P.E.: Electrical Power and Arc Flash Training Programs – For over 30 years, Jim Phillips has been helping tens of thousands of people around the world, understand electrical power system design, analysis, arc flash and electrical safety. Jim is Vice Chair of IEEE 1584 and International Chairman of IEC TC78 Live Working. He has developed a reputation for being one of the best trainers in the electric power industry, Learn More.
Sign-up for my monthly publication “Grey Matter” which contains news about new standards, conferences, technical articles, Electrical Engineering news and more!