The 2018 Edition is here and once again, change is a constant theme. From both minor and major revisions, to new additions and major reorganizations, the 11th edition contains many changes.
Earn 0.2 CEUs / 2 PDHs with this training program. Upon completing and passing the final quiz, a certificate of completion and course transcript will be available at your “Brain Vault”.
Many global changes found throughout the 2018 edition include:
- All mathematical symbols are replaced with alpha numeric values. i.e. “>” is now spelled out as “greater than” cal/cm^2 are the primary units and J/cm^2 is in parenthesis.
- A greater emphasis is placed on risk assessment.
- Job Safety Planning was added as a new Section 110.1(I)
- All training requirements are now located in 110.2. This includes relocating Lockout-Tagout training from Article 120.
- All Lockout/Tagout auditing requirements were relocated to 110.1(K)(3).
- In order to continue improving the standard to be more user friendly, Article 120 has been reorganized for a more logical flow.
- Other changes include the deletion of the informational note regarding de-energizing above 40 cal/cm^2
- The list of PPE standards has been removed from the mandatory part of the standard are re-located in informational text.
- Conformity assessment requirements are now part of the mandatory language.